Arizona Lens Implants

Find Lens Implants in Arizona Today

Cost of Lens Implant Surgery in Arizona

Many people with vision problems may be candidates for lens implant surgery. This type of surgery can help those who have conditions like nearsightedness or cataracts. Problems with a person’s sight can occur because of the cloudy lens or the lens itself is damaged. Lens implant surgery is a fairly common surgery performed in Arizona. The lens that is implanted to replace the damaged lens is made of very flexible material. Experienced eye surgeons perform the surgery at a medical eye surgery center in most cases. During the procedure a cut is made in the tissue and the old lens is taken out. The new lens it place inside the cut, and then positioned correctly on the cornea.

The cost of lens implant surgery in Arizona can vary according to the refractive eye surgeon who performs the surgery, what eye surgery center the surgery is performed in and the type of lens that is replacing the old and damaged lens. The average cost of lens implant surgery in Arizona is $4,000 per eye. There may be additional costs when using special lenses like the Visian Implantable Collamer lens. This lens is placed in the middle of the iris and the eye’s existing lens. When performing a surgery to implant this type of lens the old lens does not need to be removed.

Depending on the reason for the surgery, some insurances may cover the cost of the implant to take place. This treatment option is typically saved for the last resort in patients who have not seen improvement with other forms of treatments that are non-invasive. For patients who are 65 years and older, Medicare usually covers about 80% of the surgery costs. This leaves the patient to pay for only 20% of the cost. This is conserved to be copay to the doctor. Private insurance may cover this surgery in full, but the reason for the insurance must be an approved reason fort eh insurance company to cover this procedure.

Many people see great benefits after having this surgery, especially those that have had cataract that caused vision problems for years. Sometimes these patients can see clearer than they have ever been able to see with the new replacement lenses. This can take away the need for some people to war their glasses or contacts, which is a big bonus. There are many surgery centers in Arizona that perform this procedure. Some centers are larger than others. Typically the larger surgery centers are located in major metropolitan areas such as Phoenix and Scottsdale. It is important that the patients research the surgeons that are performing the surgery to make sure they are suitable.

Find the Best Lens Implant Surgeon
in Arizona on

Select a Eye Doctor Below:

Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center
1030 N. San Francisco
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Swagel-Wootton Eye Center
220 South 63rd Street
Mesa, AZ 85206
Moretsky Cassidy Laser Vision Correction
2125 W Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85015
Brems Eye Center
300 E Osborn Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Phoenix Ophthalmologists, P.A.
1728 W Glendale Avenue # 408
Phoenix, AZ 85021
Nationwide Vision
2222 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Carriker-Ryan Eye and Laser Center
3125 N. 32nd Street #100
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Affiliated Eye Surgeon
3330 N 2nd Street, Ste 600
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Newman Eye Center
20819 N Cave Creek Rd # 102
Phoenix, AZ 85024
Grayhawk Eye Center
20201 N. Scottsdale Healthcare Drive, Suite 220
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Horizon Eye Specialists & Lasik Center
4845 East Thunderbird Road Suite A1
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Southwestern Eye Center
3271 N. Civic Center Plaza, Ste. 8
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Hodges Eye Care
1502 North Tucson Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85716
Eye Institute of Southern Arizona
5632 E. 5th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
Arrowhead Eye Center
108 N. Frontier St.
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
The Eye & Laser Center
303 West 2nd St.
Winslow, AZ 86047

Find Lens Implants by State